You can do your part to help save landfill space, preserve natural resources, and conserve energy by participating. Put your recycling cart in a convenient location and use it every day. Make the recycling lifestyle a part of your household.
Recycling Yes and No
Important! Please empty recyclables out of bags and boxes so that they can be easily sorted. Clean paper bags and cardboard boxes are recyclable. Just put them in your recycling cart after you empty them.
- All California redemption value drink containers
- Clean paper and mail
- Corrugated cardboard
- Cereal boxes (without the liner) / Shoe boxes
- Brown paper bags
- Newspaper and magazines
- Paperback books
- Catalogs, phone books
- Frozen food boxes
- Plastic bottles, jars and jugs with lids and caps removed
- Plastic dairy tubs (yogurt, margarine) with lids and caps removed
- All colors of glass jars, bottles and jugs with lids and caps removed
- Clean Aluminum foil or foil baking pans
- Aluminum cans
- Steel or tin cans
- Food scraps, food-soiled paper or boxes
- Plastic trays (bakery, meat, etc.)
- Plastic bags
- Prescription vials
- Paper towels, plates or napkins
- Disposable diapers or rags
- Ceramics or dishes
- Light bulbs
- Mirrors or window glass
- Greasy or sharp scrap metal
- Needles or syringes
- Toxic containers (antifreeze, oil, syringes, etc.)
If you have extra recyclables that do not fit in your recycle cart please contact customer service at 530-626-4141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your service day to schedule the additional pick up.
Extra recycling must be bagged in bags no larger than 32 gallon and marked as Recycle or boxes must be broken down, bundled and secured in bundles no larger then 3ft x 3ft x 18in. There is a limit of bags and bundles, extras will not be serviced without a work order.
Computers and TVs
These items cannot be disposed of curbside. Computers, laptops, monitors, separated computer circuit boards and televisions contain heavy metals. They cannot be disposed of as garbage and must be recycled.
You can also recycle many other electronic items, including computer peripherals (mouse, keyboard, cables, printer, scanner, speakers, etc.), cell phones, hand-held devices, photocopiers, fax machines, stereos, VCRs, and DVD players.
Motor oil disposal
Motor oil is a serious environmental hazard if not properly collected and recycled.
We accept motor oil from our customers. Contact customer service and we will send you containers. Fill the containers and call to schedule a pick up: El Dorado Disposal Customer Service at (530) 626-4141 or email email@example.com.
Put used motor oil in securely closed 1-gallon milk jugs and take them to a location equipped to collect and recycle motor oil.